Yesterday Spotify revealed the artists, songs, and albums globally and in South Africa in 2020, and in case you missed it, the full media release attached. But today is all about you as the Spotify 2020 Wrapped personalised experience becomes available for listeners around the world.
Starting today, eligible users can access their personalised Wrapped experience exclusively in the Spotify mobile app on iOS and Android. As usual, this year’s Wrapped is full of insights on the artists, songs, genres, and podcasts that defined your listening in 2020—and it’s created from data unique to each and every listener.
This year, in addition to everything fans love most about Wrapped, we’ve also added a few new features to help you dig even deeper into your listening habits.
1. New in-app quizzes allow you to test your skills at predicting the top podcasts, artists, and even top decade you streamed most.
2. You can follow the Story of Your 2020 with your Top Song to witness your top song’s journey through the year, from its first stream to its 100th and all the notable listens in between.
3. We’ll share a deeper dive into podcast listening, complete with how many minutes users spent listening and the most binge-worthy podcast of the year.
4. Premium users can look forward to new badges that crown listeners with various titles based on the ways they listened. For example, if a number of your playlists gained significant new followers, you’ll be a Tastemaker. If you listened to a song before it was cool (aka hit 50,000 streams), you’ll get the Pioneer badge. And based on the number of songs you added to playlists this year, you just might become a Collector.
5. New personalised playlists will help you make the most of what you listened to this year. These range from Your Top Songs, the songs you loved most this year in one convenient place, to Missed Hits, our Wrapped discovery playlist where we recommend popular similar 2020 releases you didn’t listen to that we think you might like. Plus, listeners in the U.S., UK and Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada can dig deeper into some of your top artists of 2020 in On Record, a mixed media experience that highlights your top 2020 artists.
6. Finally, for the first time ever, we’re opening up the world of Wrapped to non-users. (How’s that for fighting FOMO?) Even if you’re not a Spotify subscriber, you can still check out the latest in Spotify’s global listening trends.
Whether you’re looking into the most streamed podcast or the decade the world listened to the most, non-users can now join the conversation that wraps up our year in streaming. Check out the new experience at Spotify.com/Wrapped on either your desktop or your mobile browser.
As usual, today also marks the unveiling of our Wrapped Creator Experience for artists. Creators can access their own individualised Wrapped microsite with all the ways their fans listened this year. Creators can check out Spotify for Artists to learn more.
You can Check out Spotify’s Blog For The Record for more.